Sunday 19 June 2016

Well Hey There Y'all

I know, I know it's been a little, okay yes quite a long stretch since my last post!

I'm not a fan of hot weather so I tend to do not much of anything over summer as heat just makes me more grumbly than usual.  Yes I can hear you saying summer has been over for quite some time so all I can say is I needed a break.  When I look back over my posts I learnt a whole lot of new skills and hobbies in a pretty tight timeframe and well I guess I really needed a little bit of a breather.

So why the post now?

I have stumbled across a new hobby which I am just starting to gear up for.  I won't be selling any of the stuff I'm making this time round as it is all based about functional food, feeling better and healing the gut.  I will however be taking y'all on the journey with me as I go as I try out different recipes, methods and yes showing you what happens when things go wrong!

The first hurdle I came across was sourcing everything I needed in little ole New Zealand!  I find we can be a little bit behind when it comes to DIY and trying out some of the latest "trends" sweeping the globe, we seem to prefer someone else to do the hard work for us.  However, in saying that there are a good few people out there that are curious and need to try new things and/or want to control every ingredient that goes into or onto their bodies and so after a bit of hunting, research and scouring blogs I managed to find every bit and piece I needed (I hope!).

I am still occasionally making lotions, soaps and I fell in love with the shampoo bars I made.  I finally ran out 6wks ago so I made myself a new batch which should last me about 11 months.  I also finally made up a recipe instead of using someone else's... not sure I can call it a lotion but it's somewhere in-between a lotion and a balm and it's wonderful on the face and body and although it takes a little time to sink in it has done wonders for my complexion.  I even use a tiny amount on my hair in the morning to help with controlling the frizz I call hair, in saying that the shampoo bar and this lotion/balm combo is better than anything I have ever bought from a store.  For those thinking about switching to a shampoo bar be warned it takes about 6 weeks for your hair to recover from the store bought stuff but stick with it as the end results are worth it!

Anyway I will be back to blogging again and hopefully you might enjoy the journey with me or if you decide to try yourself, avoid the pitfalls I fall into!

So stick around and all will be revealed in the next couple of weeks.

(Although anyone that follows me on Pinterest might have an inkling already!)

No comments:

Post a Comment