Wednesday 20 May 2015

Shampoo Bars

 I finally got around to trying the first Body/Shampoo bar I made which was the lovely Cinnamon Bar.  I had been a little unsure about trying this as a shampoo but when I finally ran out of the store bought product I thought it was time.
 I am happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised, my hair felt clean and the cinnamon did not leave a strong scent.  The bar lathers up very quickly and washes out easily.

I have another Shampoo Bar curing, this one is specifically for blonde hair, it is a Citrus Chamomile Shampoo Bar found on Crunchy Chicken.  There is also a Rosemary and Mint recipe for dark hair.  The Citrus Chamomile has an amazing scent that I find occasionally wafts through the house while its curing away.  Now that I am going back to blonde I am looking forward to trying this one but I have a few more weeks before to go before it's ready!  All I need to find now is to find a conditioner bar.

Citrus Chamomile Shampoo Bars curing
The oils and butters before melting
The leftover chamomile flowers after straining
Cinnamon Bars after just being cut

2 comments:

  1. It intrigues me that such wonderful aromatic soaps and shampoos can be created from herbs and spices...I was thinking to myself...one for blonde ...and one for dark hair....wonder what would work for grey hair,,,LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I meant to add that your packaging is so pretty ...and looks very professional....

    ReplyDelete