Wednesday 13 May 2015

Shower Soothers... Just in time for winter!


As it is starting to get colder I thought it was time to start putting together a stash of products for if I get a cold and decided to start with some shower soothers.

To use put on the bottom on the shower, if you prefer put outside of the stream of water.  As it dissolves the essential oils and menthol will release into the air and aid in clearing the sinus passages.  Be careful as the oils may make the shower floor slippery.


1 cup Baking Soda
1/2 cup Sea Salt
2 tsp Water - More or Less
Essential Oils: 20 of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Lemon and Lavender
1 tsp powdered Menthol Crystals
  1. Combine Baking Soda and Salt and mix well
  2. Add water a little at a time until you get the consistency of slightly we sand
  3. Once you get this texture, add the powdered Menthol Crystals and Essential Oils
  4. Put in a silicon mould
  5. Remove when dry (3+ days)
  6. Store in an airtight container
I would suggest leaving these in the moulds for at least 3 days.  I tried removing after 2 and they were still a little crumbly so left for another couple and then carefully unmoulded.  Store in an air tight jar.

I love the combination of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint and this blend is noted on many sites to aid with allergies.  Not sure about the validity of this claim but I love this blend of oils regardless!

I am going to need to make more of these ASAP as I have already gone through a few!  If you place in the shower away from the stream of water the block will last 2-3 showers.


2 comments:

  1. That oils combination sounds divine.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are very nice and I have already started to use them to help wash away stress!

      Delete