Friday 6 March 2015

Mountain Foot Balm




My feet have been achy, hot and tired today so I decided to see what I could do about it. 
I remembered seeing a post on Humble Bee and Me for a foot balm but when I had a look at it I realised I wanted to change a couple of things based on what I had on hand.

First I switched out the Cocoa Butter for Mango Butter as I didn't have any unscented Cocoa Butter and I've made that mistake before!  I also didn't have any Fir Essential Oil so switched for a mix of 8 drops of Cinnamon Bark, 8 drops of Frankincense and 4 drops of Helichrysum.

It was my first time using Menthol Crystals and wow it certainly cleared my sinuses while making this which was a lovely added bonus.  This is where I should add that I love Peppermint just as much as Lemon!

This balm is absolutely wonderful.  I put this on my feet and a little up my calves and then put on some nice thick wooly socks and my feet are feeling so much better already.

I can see I'll be whipping up a few more batches of this balm to give away to some people who would definitely benefit from a tin of this wonderful, soothing blend.

Wonderful Essential Oils and Butters from Go Native

Mango Butter and Menthol Crystals before melting.

Smaller 2oz tin and new label design plus a QR code which directs
the user to this blog

1 comment: