Wednesday 22 April 2015

Fizzy Clay Body (and Face?) Blobs


This is a copycat recipe for Lush Fizzy Clay Scrub from Humblebee and Me and are fast becoming my favourite scrub.

These turned out looking less like nice moulded heart shaped face scrubs and a little more like blobs after I first unmoulded them however they looked much better once they dried and well I loved the use of the word blob so it stayed!  The recipe I followed named these as face scrubs and made them a little smaller.  Although I tried these on my face I found the citric acid and baking soda to be quite coarse (and stung a little!), I do use on my face but have found I prefer to use it as a body buffer and leaves my skin feeling fantastic.  The larger size means I can use on my entire body as a buffer and it's the perfect size for the one use.


Again I made a slight change to the recipe from Humblebee and Me as I did not have that type of clay on hand.

1 cup Baking Soda
1/2 cup Citric Acid
1/2 cup French Green Clay
1 Tbsp Sweet Almond Oil
1 Tbsp Cocoa Butter (optional)
Frankincense
Distilled Water, as needed

  1. Mix the dry ingredients together
  2. Melt the Cocoa Butter and add the Almond Oil and Frankincense
  3. Mix together and blend together the best you can
  4. Use the spritzer and start adding to the mixture.
  5. Add a little and test.  Keep using this method so you don't overwet the mixture
  6. Push into a mould
  7. Leave to dry then unmould
This is another recipe I am going to make more of very quickly as I am loving this product.



Clay, Baking Soda, Citric Acid





1 comment:

  1. You do find amazing recipes ...I do look forward to seeing what you come up with...and this one looks fascinating...

    ReplyDelete