Wednesday 29 April 2015

Pink Clay Bars for the face


I have had my eye on this recipe for a while so I thought it was time to make it. 
You can find the original recipe here at Humblebee and Me, I did adapt it as I did not have any rose wax, however there is information on the website if you need to substitute like I did.

1/3 cup Australian Pink Clay
1/3 cup White Kaolin Clay
2 tsp Colloidal Oatmeal
2 Tbsp Witch Hazel
2 Tbsp Aloe Vera Juice
1g Cocoa Butter melted then add 7 drops Rosemary (or use 1g Rose Wax)
7g Coconut Oil
  1. Stir the clays and colloidal oats together, mix these well
  2. Add witch hazel, aloe vera juice, melted cocoa butter & oil and coconut oil
  3. Mix everything together until you have a thick paste
  4. Press into a mould and leave to dry
  5. As the mix dries it will shrink and pull away from the sides of the mould
To use, wet both face and bar and run the bar over the face.  Once the clay has dried rinse off.  Follow up with your favourite nourishing moisturiser.


Thick paste forms

Wet thick paste in the moulds ready to be put aside to dry

No comments:

Post a Comment