Friday 27 February 2015

Foaming Handwash



So it turns out the trick to Foaming Handwash is the bottle.  I had a few of these lying round as I hadn't got round to buying any refills as I have been quite reluctant to replace a lot of these type products. 


I had not heard of Castile Soap but as usual Go Native has it available on their site and its wonderful!

After doing some investigation and spending more countless hours pouring through pinterest I finally settled on this for a recipe.  I tweaked it a little after I had tried it and the recipe below is the adjusted one.

Ingredients:
Castile Soap
Filtered Water
5-6 drops Bandit Oil - Click the name of the oil for the link for this oil blend
5-6 drops Lemon Essence
  1. Add Castile Soap to the bottle - Fill a third of the bottle then add two more tablespoons.  I started with a third but found it didn't quite foam as expected so added a couple more tablespoons which made it foam perfectly.
  2. Fill with Filtered Water
  3. Add Essential Oils
  4. Put lid on and gently shake
There may be a little separation so gently shake every now and then.  I also found you get a perfect pump on the first shot when it has been sitting but the second is a little more broken down.

Bandits Oil has anti-bacterial properties to help with germs and well just smells so darn good and I couldn't go another recipe without adding lemon to something!

Essential Oils do break down in sunlight so keep in a shaded spot out of direct sunlight.






No comments:

Post a Comment