Friday 20 February 2015

Whipped Shea Butter Night Cream


Yes my love of lemon continues!
I have very pale, splotchy skin and decided it was time to embark on what I could do to improve this and part of the solution, I decided, was a night cream.  After a few hours pouring over many recipes I ended up blending a couple to come up with a Whipped Shea Butter Night Cream.

This contains Lemon Essential Oil which causes the skin to be very sensitive to the sun and I would suggest you stay out of the sun for at least 6 hours.  However because of this it makes it perfect to use in a night cream.  I would suggest if you make this that you add the essential oils a little at a time as my sister told me it smelled like cleaner!  I however adore the smell and find the scent of lemon quite relaxing.  To be fair my sister and I have very, very different preferences when it comes to scents!

I put this an hour or so before i go to bed as I find it takes a little time to be absorbed into my skin and find massaging it in every now and then makes my skin face very nice and soothes me after a day at work.

Whipped Shea Butter Night Cream
63g Shea Butter
5ml Lemon Oil
5ml Teatree Oil


  1. Melt Shea Butter - This will not take long
  2. Let it cool a little
  3. Add Essential Oils
  4. Cool mixture until it thickens a little, it should still be warm and not solid
  5. Whip until you get a light fluffy mixture, let it cool a little then whip some more until you achieve a meringue type consistency
Notes:
The mixture melts on contact with the skin
The lemon will tone and lighten skin
Teatree Oil works as an antiseptic

1 comment: