Thursday 26 February 2015

Toilet Bombs


I'm not sure what my fascination with this product was and it took me a while to decide find a recipe I liked so I ended up blending a couple of them to come up with these.


*** Use a medical mask when mixing powders - SAFETY FIRST***

1 1/3 Cup of Baking Soda
1/2    Cup Citric Acid

Blend the following into a spray bottle
4ml Lemon Essential Oil
4ml Peppermint Essential Oil
4ml Lavender

  1. Mix the dry ingredients
  2. Mix as you spray on the Essential Oils.  You may not need all the oils
  3. If your mix is still a little dry add a tiny bit of water to a spray bottle and carefully add.  There should be no fizzing.
  4. Press into a silicone tray
  5. Leave for at least 12hrs.  I found I should have left a little longer as they bottom part hadn't quite dried.  I smooshed some together but others I left in half
These will also work to deodorise so if you have a particular stinky room leave one and out to help with the smell and when all the oils are gone toss in the toilet.


Used a plastic chopstick in the initial stages of mixing
Silicone Christmas Cake Pop Trays - They where on special post Christmas
Trays are from Mighty Ape

No need to combine the trays,  I used them as two separate trays
The hard part - Where to store out of direct sunlight.  Don't worry the
candles are for decoration only.
Although it looks particularly horrifying - SAFETY FIRST!!!
Also I'm in the middle of using a the Shealo Hair Mask which
is adding to the scary look!

No comments:

Post a Comment