Wednesday 18 February 2015

Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Scrub


I was having one of those days when it was very hot and felt like my skin needed some attention.
Due to summer my skin had become quite dry and decided to see what the internet suggested...  or more specifically pinterest (you can find my DIY board here: DIY Home Products)

I finally settled on a Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Scrub from Sprinkle of Cinnamon.  It is a lovely recipe and the scent reminds me of lemon syrup cake.  I did find I needed 14 drops of Lemon Essential Oil for the depth of scent I love.  Oh and I love Lemon!  This recipe contains no preservatives so will only last a couple of months in the dark cupboard.

It you try this make sure you do it in the bathroom and put a towel down to catch as much of the sugar scrub as possible.  This makes clean up so much easier!

Only try this once a week max or you may end up with irritated skin.  This is for body only and too abrasive to use on your face.  I found after using this the dry skin had disappeared and my skin was feeling much better.  After showering off all the sugar I used a Shea Lotion bar and left my legs feeling silky smooth.

If you are feeling like you need a home spa day, put this one on the list!

1 comment:

  1. Wow....LOOKS GREAT!!!!!,,,and sound wonderful...I can almost smell it...mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete